Showing posts with label support. Show all posts
Showing posts with label support. Show all posts

Monday, June 24, 2013

Crunch Time!

Our family of five
Crunch time! OK, here’s how things stand with us: We have raised almost half of our monthly support, which leaves –naturally – the other half of our support to raise. A nice round number to use is $2000 per month in regular, pledged support – that’s what we still need. We have gotten a number of one-time gifts and multiple donations from monthly givers, but the most important number we’re tracking is monthly pledges.

We have had the opportunity to speak to a couple of our home-church Sunday School classes in the past couple of weeks and have another engagement lined up for this Sunday. We’d love to say that we gained several more monthly supporters from each, but if we did, we don’t know about them. We have another one lined up, then less than a month and a half to raise the rest of our support. If that doesn’t happen…

Before we talk about Plan B, let’s talk about August 10th. On that day, the first tuition payment to Ginny’s school is due, so we’re using August 10th as a decision deadline for ourselves. The question isn’t if we will have enough money to make the payment (we do), the question is if we will have enough support raised to make the physical move to the Bronx in time for school to start. If we don’t, then we won’t make the payment because we won’t be moving this Fall.

Plan B is pretty simple: Don’t move to the Bronx yet. Hold off for at least a semester, perhaps a year, until we can raise our full support. We would remain at our church and job and keep Ginny in her current elementary school for 1st grade. We don’t know how delaying a year would affect Ginny’s spot in the school in New York – that’s something we still need to find out, though we imagine she’d simply have to apply again in the same way she did this year. Let us say this, though: Even if we do resort to Plan B and don’t move this Fall, we will still move to the Bronx, just at a later date. We believe strongly that God has called us there, so we’re going. We just don’t know when.

We’re torn about which is more daunting to us at this point: staying or going. It’s kind of a toss-up right now. Raising another $2000 a month and then moving in a whirlwind to the Bronx would be absolutely insane. But then, the thought of staying for another semester or year after all the buildup of the last several months seems just as formidable.

PLEASE PRAY. We need more supporters! We need more faith and trust and belief and boldness and…. The list goes on and on.

PLEASE GIVE. We need YOU! We ask you to pray about coming on our support team. We need all the prayer support and financial support we can get! Simply email us and we can get you all the information you need.

Thank you for the support, love, and encouragement you have already given! It means the world to us.


Saturday, April 20, 2013

April 2013 Update


Here are some of the questions we’ve gotten recently:
How are things going with moving to the Bronx?
        Slowly. But surely.
Wrestling with Daddy: A favorite pastime
When are you planning on moving?
Well, Ginny starts school in the beginning of September, so before that. We’re thinking July or August, but probably August.
So what do I have to do to support you guys?
Great question! Thanks for asking! A newsletter mailing is imminent, and there will be a response card contained inside. If you want one, email us at gregandbethany@gmail.com to let us know. You can also give right through our blog using the "Donate" button on the right. 
How much are you trying to raise?
We estimate it will cost about $4900/month to live and do ministry in the Bronx. Large chunks of that number come from rent and health insurance.
When should I start my regular donations?
Ginny is looking forward to her new baby sister!
If possible, please start as soon as you can. We will be downsizing from a house to an apartment, and we will move as efficiently as possible, but there are always significant costs associated with moving.
When is the baby due? Boy or girl? Do you have a name picked out?
May 10th. Girl (that will make 3). And no name yet – that’s the secret we keep :)
Would you like to come speak to my Sunday School class, small group, or church?
         We’d love to! Contact us with         details.
Did you, Greg, submit your resignation from your position leading worship at your church effective May 31st to focus more on your Priority 1 work and raising support for your move to the Bronx later this year?
          Yes.

Please let us know if you are interested in supporting us financially. Every donation counts, no matter how small.